RAMAIAH INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
RAMAIAH INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Table of Contents
About Ramaiah Institute of Technology
M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT) was started in 1962 by Late Dr. M S Ramaiah, our Founder Chairman who was a renowned visionary, philanthropist, and a pioneer in creating several landmark infrastructure projects in India. Noticing the shortage of talented engineering professionals required to build a modern India, Dr. M S Ramaiah envisioned MSRIT as an institute of excellence imparting quality and affordable education. Part of Gokula Education Foundation, MSRIT has grown over the years with significant contributions from various professionals in different capacities, ably led by Dr. M S Ramaiah himself, whose personal commitment has seen the institution through its formative years. Today, MSRIT stands tall as one of India’s finest names in Engineering Education and has produced around 35,000 engineering professionals who occupy responsible positions across the globe.
Ramaiah Institute of Technology Highlights
|Also Known As||MSRIT|
COMEDK UGET, KCET
B.E. / B.Tech , B.Arch
51 courses across 6 streams
Courses Offered at Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Undergraduate Programs :
Four years Bachelor of Engineering programs in :
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Industrial Engineering & Management
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Information Science & Engineering
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Medical Electronics Engineering
- A candidate who has passed 10 + 2 pattern of examination (equivalent to the two year Pre University in Karnataka) with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Electronics as optional subjects in the qualifying examination is eligible to pursue an undergraduate degree in engineering at MSRIT.
- The eligibility for admission is 45% in case of General Category and 40% marks in the qualifying examination in case of SC/ST, Category-1 and OBC Category candidates. The marks obtained by the candidate in Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Electronics in the qualifying examination will be considered in the place of Chemistry in case the marks obtained in Chemistry is less for the required aggregate percentage for the purpose of determination of eligibility (and not for the purpose of determination of rank, in respect of engineering/technology courses).
- Entrance Exam: KEA / COMEDK
Five years Bachelor of Architecture
- A candidate who has passed 10 + 2 pattern of examination (equivalent to the two year Pre-university in Karnataka).
- Admission to Five year B.Arch., Course with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level of examination and English is one of the Language.
- “No candidate shall be admitted to the architecture course unless he / she has passed an examination at the end of the 10 + 2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10 + 2 level examination”.
- This provided that the candidate should also appear and secure a minimum of 40% marks in NATA.(Including SC / ST, Category-1, and OBC Category candidates) conducted by the Council of Architecture. NATA TO BE HELD ON 14-April-2019 and 07-July-2019.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
We offer a 2-year MBA program, open to candidates who have a 3-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with not less than 50% of the marks in aggregate of all the years of the degree examination and 45% in case of candidates from Karnataka belonging to SC/ST and Category-1. [Entrance Exam: KMAT / CMAT / MAT/ PGCET – any one mandatory]
Master of Computer Application (MCA)
We offer a 3-year MCA program, open to candidates who have passed a 3-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with not less than 50% of the marks in aggregate of all the years of the degree examination with Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Computer Programming/ Computer Applications/ Business Mathematics/ Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects/ electives at degree level. In case of candidates from Karnataka belonging to SC/ST and Category-l the minimum aggregate is 45%. [Entrance Exam: KMAT or PGCET – any one mandatory]
Master of Technology (M. Tech) Programs
Master of Technology consists of various programs namely,
- Structural Engineering
- Manufacturing Science & Engineering
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Computer Applications and Industrial Drives
- Digital Electronics & Communication
- VLSI Design & Embedded Systems
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Network Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Digital Communication
- Master of Architecture (Landscape Architecture)
MSRIT offers the M.Tech programs for which candidates with a B.E/B.Tech degree in the relevant discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate are eligible. The minimum aggregate marks required are 45% in case of candidates from Karnataka belonging to SC/ST & Category-l. [Entrance Exam: GATE Qualified or PGCET of Karnataka]
Research programs leading to Ph.D/M.Sc (Engg.) are available in the following departments.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Medical Electronics Engineering
Working professionals, faculty and others with a postgraduate qualification in the related discipline and in exceptional cases, Professionals with B.E. are eligible to apply for a Ph.D.
The required qualification for M.Sc. (Engg) programs is a 4-year engineering degree program in the related discipline.
Facilities at Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- HostelBoys HostelSingle Occupancy|Shared Rooms|In-Campus Hostel, Girls HostelSingle Occupancy|Shared Rooms|In-Campus Hostel
- Sports ComplexAvailable Facilities:Badminton Court|Basketball Court|Tennis Court|Cricket|Basketball|Football|Table Tennis Room
- LabsAvailable Facilities:Computer Lab|Biochemistry and Immunology Lab|Bioinformatics Lab|Molecular Biology Lab|Microbiology Lab|Mass Transfer Lab|Mechanical Operation Lab|Engineering Chemistry Lab|Concrete Lab|Engineering Geology Lab|Environmental Engineering Lab|Geotechnical Engineering Lab|Strength of Materials Lab|Analog Digital Lab|SAP Lab|Simulation Lab|VLSI Lab|Analog Electronic Circuits Lab|Automation PLC Lab|Process Instrumentation Lab|Mitsubishi Automation Lab|Instrumentation Lab|Advanced Power Electronics Lab|Control System Lab|Linear Integrated Circuit Lab|Measurement Lab|Switch Gear and Protection Lab|Microcontroller Lab|Digital Electronic Lab|English language Lab|Callibration Lab|Workstudy Lab|Apple Lab|Embedded Systems Lab|Applied Thermodynamics Lab|Finite Element Analysis Lab|Heat Transfer Lab|Manufacturing Process Lab|Diagnostic and Therapeutic Lab|Medical Instrumentation Lab|Medical Software Lab|Physiology and Measurement Lab|Engineering Physics Lab|Analog and Digital Communication Lab|Microwave Lab
- Design StudioLibraryCafeteriaGymWi-Fi CampusShuttle ServiceAuditorium